About Sights – Khudadov Forest in Tbilisi
Khudadov forest is located in Nadzaladevi District of Tbilisi and was created in 1893 on the initiative of Dr. Niko Khudadov, an ethnic Armenian and a member of Tbilisi Municipal Administration.
The 40 hectare forest was officially opened in 1896 and was intended to be a recreational area for Tbilisi workers. The forest is populated with pine trees and nowadays is used mainly by local people to graze their cows and goats.
The forest has a thriving tortoise population.
In springtime, the forest comes alive with color.
The forest has wonderful views of central Tbilisi and the 210 meter high TV mast and Ferris Wheel on Mtatsminda mountain.
The beautiful Khudadov Forest has been enjoyed by the people of Tbilisi since 1896.