About History – Georgia’s Former Parliament Building in Tbilisi
Georgia’s former Parliament building on Rustaveli Avenue in Tbilisi was built between 1938 and 1953 and was used until Parliament was re-located to a new building in Georgia’s second city, Kutaisi (Georgian: ქუთაისი), in 2012.
These photographs show the building when it was used as the seat of Parliament.
Earlier this year, Parliament announced a tender for renovation of the former Parliament building and Parliament may decide to move back to Tbilisi.
Georgia’s magnificent former Parliament building.