About Sights – Ananuri Fortress

Ananuri (Georgian: ანანური) is a fortress situated on the foreland by the Aragvi River, not far from Zhinvali water reservoir and about 70 km from Tbilisi, Georgia. It was built by the Dukes of Aragvi and its earliest parts date from the 13th century. The fortress is on the UNESCO Tentative list. The fortress consist of two fortifications joined by a crenellated curtain … Continue reading

  • Emergencies Control Center in Tbilisi

  • Sarpi Border Checkpoint

  • Shatili - Khevsureti

  • Traditional Tushetian balconied house (“Karseani”).

  • View of Mtskheta from Jvari Monastery

  • The village of Gebi in Svaneti

  • Page from the Illustrated London News dated 1873 - entitled 'Betrothal in Georgia'