About Sights – Borjomi Museum of Local History

The Borjomi Museum of Local History (Georgian: ბორჯომის მხარეთმცოდნეობის მუზეუმი) in the resort town of Borjomi (Georgian: ბორჯომი) in Samtskhe-Javakheti region is housed in the building initially designed as the chancellery of the Imperial House of the Romanovs. Pseudo-Gothic in style, it was built in 1890 by the German architect-designer V. Shveier. The museum is one of the … Continue reading

  • Emergencies Control Center in Tbilisi

  • Sarpi Border Checkpoint

  • Shatili - Khevsureti

  • Traditional Tushetian balconied house (“Karseani”).

  • View of Mtskheta from Jvari Monastery

  • The village of Gebi in Svaneti

  • Page from the Illustrated London News dated 1873 - entitled 'Betrothal in Georgia'