About Achievements – Georgia Wins Gold Medal at 2012 Olympics

Lasha Shavdatuashvili (Georgian: ლაშა შავდათუაშვილი) wins the Gold medal in the 66 kg Judo event at the 2012 London Olympics. The 20-year-old Georgian defeated Hungary’s Miklos Ungvari.

Shavdatuashvili managed to score with a throw after sweeping his opponent’s foot in the first few minutes of the match.

On his strategy, Lasha said:

“I was attacking and risking, because I did not care who my opponent was, if it was a world, European or Olympic champion. I wanted to show what I am made of.”

“Some months ago I could not even imagine taking part in the Olympic Games. I have just transferred from juniors. When I first started judo, my biggest wish was to participate in and to win the Olympic Games. It happened, because I concentrated on judo, I did not do many other things in my life.”

It is the third time in a row that Georgia has won the Olympic title. In 2004 it was Zurab Zviadauri, in 2008 Irakli Tsirekidze and now Lasha Shavdatuashvili won the final.

Georgia About congratulates Lasha Shavdatuashvili and his coach Peter Seisenbacher.

CLICK on the logo to visit GEORGIA ABOUT on Facebook and see photos and news about Georgia. Click LIKE on the page and become a friend of GEORGIA ABOUT.

Comments
22 Responses to “About Achievements – Georgia Wins Gold Medal at 2012 Olympics”
  1. sorrygnat says:

Did Bassa watch the games! Hooray for the win in Georgia.

2. Marie says:

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

3. Chancy and Mumsy says:

Congratulations to Lasha and to Georgia!!! Hugs

4. Dianda says:

Congratulations to Georgia!

5. Jodi Stone says:

So very awesome, I love the spirit of the Olympic games. I bet there is some big celebrating in Georgia tonight!

6. Annie Smith says:

This guy has so kind smile :))) Congratulations!

7. YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!

8. Lisa says:

Congratulations! I love to see someone so young win such a prestigious title. What a story for his kids and grandkids :)

9. tylersat99 says:

Congratulations to Lasha you did a really great job. Your country is proud of you and your dedication.

10. It is super blog, I want to be like you